GENERAL MAIL SETTINGS
(For setting up any e-mail client)
- Email: email@example.com
- Incoming Mail Server: Mail.fpunet.com
- Incoming Mail Server Type: IMAP (recommended), POP3
- Incoming Mail Server Ports:
- IMAP, SSL:995 (Recommended)
- POP3, SSL:993 (Recommended)
- Incoming Mail Server username: firstname.lastname@example.org (Same as the email address)
- Incoming Mail Server Password: Your password setup with us, will appear as *’s or Dots.
- Outgoing Mail Server: Mail.fpunet.com
- Outgoing Mail Server Type: SMTP
- Outgoing Mail Server Port: STARTTLS 586 (Recommended), 25, SSL 465
- Server requires Authentication
- If available, ‘use same settings as my outgoing server’.
- Outgoing Mail Server username: email@example.com (Same as the email address)
- Outgoing Mail Server Password: Your password setup with us, will appear as *’s or Dots.
ADDITIONAL NOTE REGARDING
THE WEB E-MAIL SYSTEM
Like IMAP, the Fayetteville Public Utilities web e-mail system is based directly on our server, and does not download the e-mail to a local spot on your computer. While many customers use it as their primary means of accessing their e-mail, similar problems to IMAP e-mail can manifest; due to limited amounts of server storage space, a customer may not be able to receive any e-mail if their account fills up, especially with large pictures, audio and video files.