There are a number of programs that go by the name 'Windows Mail', which run on Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10. These instructions apply to Windows Mail on Microsoft Windows Vista.
5.At the top of the next window you will see a line that reads: Incoming e-mail server type IMAP. If it does not say IMAP, click the down arrow beside the blank, and choose IMAP. Type mail.fpunet.com in both the incoming mail server and outgoing mail server. Click Next.
6. In the blank that says Account Name: type in the full email address. In the Password: blank, type your password. You will not see the actual password, but simply dots or stars. Make sure to check Save Password if you do not want to type your password each time you check your mail. Click Next.
7. You have finished setting up your e-mail account. Click Finish. You will be back at the accounts administration window. Now click on your account (It should be 'mail.fpunet.com') and click on the Properties button.
8. On the General tab, if you are using this computer for more than one email account, you may want to change the account name,
9. Click on the Servers tab. Near the bottom of the window it will say Outgoing Mail Server, and have a checkbox labled 'My server requires authentication'. Check that box.
10. Click on the Advanced tab. There are two lines that say 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'. Check both of those boxes. In the box labled Outgoing mail (SMTP): change the number from 25 to 587. The other number (993) is correct.
11. Click OK. You will be back at the accounts administration window. Click Close.